Pulmonary Medicine, Infectious Disease and Critical Care Consultants Medical Group, Inc (PMA), was incorporated in 1973. As the population of the Sacramento area grew, and as medicine became more specialized, it was clear to PMA that additional providers with specialized pulmonary training were needed and were recruited to the group. Because pulmonary providers frequently found themselves involved in the care of patients with pulmonary infections, the group found it important to add providers with specialty training in the area of infectious diseases.
Currently, PMA providers offer a broad spectrum of specialized services often found only in an academic setting. The scope of services available from the group’s Board Certified providers include, but are not limited to:
- Critical Care Medicine – Assessment and care for seriously ill patients in the hospital
- Tele-ICU Care – Assessment and management for seriously ill patients who are in the hospital from a remote location
- Pulmonary Medicine – Evaluation and care for patients with health problems involving the lungs. Examples include, but are not limited to asthma, emphysema, interstitial lung disease, pleural effusions, pulmonary embolism, sarcoidosis, pulmonary fibrosis, and lung infections
- Infectious Diseases – Evaluation and care for patients with serious infections including acute infectious diseases, long term IV antibiotic treatment, and management of HIV disease
- Palliative Care – Care focused on providing patients with relief from the symptoms, pain, and stress of a serious illness — whatever the prognosis
- Sleep Medicine – Evaluation and treatment of the complete range of sleep disorders
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy – Management and supervising treatment for patients whose medical condition can be improved using high concentrations of oxygen
Over the past years, medicine has seen many changes in the way in which care is delivered to only the sickest patients in the hospital. Critically ill patients often require breathing assistance, monitoring and management of cardiovascular status, and treatment of infectious disease processes. PMA providers work closely with the hospital’s ICU care team staff to proactively address changes in a patient’s condition by providing consistent, on-site care.
PMA delivers superior quality care through thought leaders, evidence-based clinical standards and innovative technologies. Our programs are tailored to the individual needs of our clients to help them meet their clinical, operational and financial objectives.
What do our Patients say?
“Prompt and courteous professional service from everyone in the office”
“[The] doctor was very informative and compassionate”
“Dr. Karmakar saved my life! What else can I ever ask for?”
“Making my first appointment was so pleasant compared to what I went through at another office. I so appreciate the kindness and professional care that was given.”
“Dr. Lischner was extremely knowledgeable and thorough. He helped make all of my testing meaningful.”
“Your staff is engaged and professional as usual. It shows me that you care about your patients and products.”
“I feel very safe and confident with the doctor and the staff.”